St. Stephen Deacon and Martyr Parish is a Catholic community on the East Side of El Paso. Our mission is to follow Jesus and to serve the people of God.
- The parish was established by Bishop Raymundo Peña on 9 July 1986.
- Before there was a permanent building the community held Sunday Masses at Desert View Middle School.
- Construction of Phase I — The Parish Hall and offices– began on 1 July 1991. The Hall was blessed for use for worship by Bishop Peña on 12 January 1992.
- Phase II soon followed, the construction of additional classrooms.
- Phase III of the project, the church, began 2 December 2007 with Mass and groundbreaking ceremony with Bishop Armando Ochoa presiding.
- Construction of the new church began in January 2008.
- The first celebration of Sunday Eucharist in the church was held on Saturday, 24 January 2009.
- Bishop Ochoa celebrated the Rite of Dedication on Friday, 21 August 2009.